KCS Department of Exceptional Children
Kannapolis City Schools Department of Exceptional Children builds relationships with students and their families, staff, and our community to provide individualized instruction to achieve academic growth, while building social and emotional skills that results in students becoming self-advocates and active members in the community.
Goals of the Department
- Kannapolis City Schools will provide the resources necessary to provide specialized instruction for all children identified under IDEA.
- Kannapolis City Schools will intervene as early as possible and provide supports so that the child will be successful in school.
- Kannapolis City Schools will provide professional development opportunities for staff to grow and improve services provided for students with disabilities.
- Kannapolis City Schools will locate, evaluate, and identify all students in need of specially designed instruction.
- Kannapolis City Schools will provide ongoing progress monitoring for students and teachers in meeting the goals established through Individual Education Plans and our LEA Self-Assessment.
- Kannapolis City Schools will provide academic and emotional support so that every student identified with a disability will graduate and become productive citizen within the community.