Career and College Readiness Begins with CTE
Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses provide a strong foundation for post-secondary education and careers. Whether students plan to further their education in community college, technical schools, four-year colleges and universities, receive on-the-job training, or pursue careers in military, CTE can be the first step toward productive employment and citizenship. The mission for the CTE program in Kannapolis is to help empower students for effective participation in an international economy as world-class workers and citizens. We fulfill this mission by:
- Preparing students for post-secondary education in career technical fields and lifelong learning.
- Preparing students for initial and continued employment.
- Assisting students in making educational and career decisions.
- Applying and reinforcing related learning from other disciplines.
- Assisting students in developing decision-making, communication, problem-solving, leadership, and citizenship skills.
- Preparing students to make informed consumer decisions and apply practical life skills.
- Making appropriate provisions for students with special needs to succeed in career technical education programs.
KCS Strategic Plan Goal #12: Expand CTE career, certification, and credentialing preparation.
WE ARE WONDERS!!
CTE District Administration
Director CTE, ESL, STEM
Curriculum and Instruction Management Coordinator
Career Development Coordinator - ALB
Career Development Coordinator - KMS
IMPORTANT: In compliance with federal law, the Kannapolis City School System administers all educational programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination because of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, disability, or gender, except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law.