We will begin processing 2020-2021 student transfer requests beginning March 31, 2020. The deadline for submissions will be June 30, 2020. Please complete one application per child.
There are two types of Student Transfer Applications on this page. Please read the information below to determine which application applies to you.
Please submit the KCS Application for Acceptance and Release if:
- You reside outside of our district and are requesting acceptance for your child to attend school within our district, or
- You reside within our district and are requesting a release for your child to attend a school outside our district
If you are applying for acceptance, you must obtain a release from the school district in which you reside before your KCS application can be processed.
You may email forms to: email@example.com
or mail to: 100 Denver St., Kannapolis, NC 28083.
Please submit the KCS Application for Elementary School Choice if:
You reside within our district and are requesting that your child attend an elementary school outside of your school attendance zone.
An explanation of Kannapolis City's "Schools of Choice" policy is as follows:
- There is space available in the school you desire
- You make a commitment to stay at that school the entire school year
- You provide your own transportation
Priority will be given to:
- Students who have attended the requested school in the past with satisfactory attendance, behavior and academic effort
- Students who are entering school for the first time and have older siblings currently at that school