After School Care
Cannon Memorial YMCA – Kannapolis Branch provides a safe and fun After School environment for your child. The program provides opportunities and experiences which stimulate a child’s physical, social, intellectual, and emotional development. Counselors provide guidance during activities and are trained to teach your child the qualities essential to becoming successful, along with striving to meet the developmental needs and temperament of each child.
- The program operates from school dismissal until 6:00pm at all sites (late fees apply after 6:00pm)
- KCS provides bus transportation from Fred L. Wilson, G.W. Carver, and Woodrow Wilson and Kannapolis Middle
- The Y transports via mini-bus from Forest Park, Jackson Park, Shady Brook and Kannapolis Charter School
- A full day of childcare is offered on most teacher workdays and certain holidays
- Activities include homework time, arts & crafts, singing, devotions, computer & reading lab time, playground time, swimming, trips to the library and much more
- Snacks provided are based on NC State requirements
Kids Day Out
Kids Day Out (KDO) is included in the cost of the After School care program for teacher work days and most individual holidays. For an additional cost, BREAK CAMPS are available for scheduled weeks off during the school year.
The YMCA offers a safe and affordable place for your child to come and stay during their time out of school. Sign your child up today for our Kids Day Out at the Kannapolis YMCA.
For more information: please contact Kevin Mateer, Youth and Family Director at 704-939-9622, extension 137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.