Welcome To Fred L. Wilson Elementary School!
Fred L. Wilson Elementary School is a K-5 school of approximately 400 students and 50 staff members located in Kannapolis, North Carolina. We offer two unique magnet programs: Global Studies and Dual Language Immersion. All students K-5 are a part of the Global Studies Program and we offer magnet slots for students outside of our attendance zone. Each grade level is assigned a region of focus which they integrate global content into their existing curriculum. We also offer a Spanish Language Immersion Program where students receive 50/50 Spanish and English instruction. This program is available to students who apply and are awarded a magnet slot. All of our students are immersed in cultures from around the globe in order to increase global awareness and to become globally competent citizens.
- Global Studies and Dual Language Immersion magnet slots, both within and outside of our attendance zone
- Blended technology lab with iPads and Chromebooks
- Student iPads in grades K-5 including one-to-one devices in grades 3-5
- Before school care
- Various student clubs and extracurricular activities such as STEM Club and Girls on the Run (GOTR)
- Quarterly family engagement events and celebrations
- Annual student-led interventional festival
- Global assemblies and on-site field trips
- English classes for Spanish speaking families through partnership with RCCC
- Art, Music, PE, Media/Technology and Guidance in addition to core subjects