Career Readiness Begins with CTE
Kannapolis City Schools offers Career Technical Education (CTE) programs at A. L. Brown High School designed to prepare students for a broad range of employment and post-secondary educational opportunities. Research has found that the most successful high school graduates were those who took a solid college-prep program and a Career Technical Education program of study. Our CTE programs are staffed by teachers with related business and industry experiences that enhance the learning process with real-world relevance.
Career and Technical Education (CTE) courses provide a strong foundation for post-secondary education and careers. Whether students plan to further their education in community colleges, technical schools, four-year colleges and universities, receive on-the-job training, or pursue careers in the military, CTE can be the first step toward productive employment and citizenship. The mission for the CTE program in Kannapolis is to help empower students for effective participation in an international economy as world-class workers and citizens. We fulfill this mission by:
- Preparing students for post-secondary education in career and technical fields and lifelong learning.
- Preparing students for initial and continued employment.
- Assisting students in making educational and career decisions.
- Applying and reinforcing related learning from other disciplines.
- Assisting students in developing decision-making, communication, problem-solving, leadership, and citizenship skills.
- Preparing students to make informed consumer decisions and apply practical life skills.
- Making appropriate provisions for students with special needs to succeed in career technical education programs.
KCS Strategic Plan Goal #11: Ensure KCS continues to maintain and create programs and partnerships that highlight all students.
KCS Strategic Plan Goal #12: Expand CTE career, certification, and credentialing preparation.
CTE Programs are offered in the areas of:
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, AV Technology and Communications
- Business Management and Administration
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Manufacturing, Mechatronics & Welding
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
CTE Programs are also offered in partnership with Rowan Cabarrus Community College in the areas of:
- Automotive Light-Duty Diesel Technology
- Automotive Systems Technology
- Cosmetology Certificate
- Esthetics Technology
- NC Certified Firefighter Academy
- Manicuring/Nail Technology
- Motorsports Management Technology
- Welding Technology
IMPORTANT: In compliance with federal law, the Kannapolis City School System administers all educational programs, employment activities and admissions without discrimination because of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, color, age, military service, disability, or gender, except where exemption is appropriate and allowed by law.
IMPORTANTE: En cumpliemiento con la ley federal, El Sistema Escolar de la Ciudad de Kannapolis administra todos los programas educativos, actividades de empleo y admisiones sin discriminasion por raza, religión, origen etnico o nacional, color, edad, servicio militar, discapacidad, o género, excepto cuando la exención sea apropiada y permitida por la ley.