Dr. Lyndsey Pelusi, Principal firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Keesee, Assistant Principal email@example.com
Tracy DellaPorta, Data Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Orbison, Administrative Assistant email@example.com
Student Arrival: Students may arrive between 7:50AM and 8:20AM.
Tardy Bell: 8:20AM (If your child is tardy, you must park and come inside the school to sign them in.)
Dismissal Bell: 3:20PM (All students must be picked up by 3:40PM)
You may check out your child early, until 3:05PM.
Before School Care
Before school care opens at 7:00M. Cost is $50 per month, per student.
Payment must be made before the 1st of each month. We accept cash or debit/credit cards.
Welcome to North Kannapolis STEM Elementary School!
North Kannapolis STEM Elementary School is a Kindergarten through fifth grade school of approximately 300 students and 49 staff members located in Kannnapolis, NC. North Kannapolis has been in operation since the 1950's and many of our students' parents and grandparents attended North Kannapolis. North Kannapolis was formerly known as Woodrow Wilson Elementary School and was renamed by the Kannapolis City Board of Education in July 2020. North Kannapolis has a talented and amazing teaching staff with some newer faces, but many veteran teachers who have taught at this school for over 20 years. We pride ourselves on teaching the whole child, as social and emotional skills are just as important as academics. We focus on improving every student academically and socially. Our school focus is Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math and this is our first year implementing the STEM program. We are excited to expose children to multiple avenues of learning and implement a growth mindset in everything we do.
North Kannapolis offers the following:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
- Art, Music, Physical Education, and Media (Library)
- 1 to 1 Technology in grades K-5
- Before School Care
- Girls Who Code Club
- Quarterly Family Events and Celebrations
- Blended Technology Approach
- 5-2-1-0 Wellness School
- X2F Fitness Program (Internal/Sports Training with Students)
- AIG (Academically and Intellectually Gifted)
- PBIS (Positive Behavior Intervention Support)
- Counseling Program (Full time school counselor)
- Social Worker (Part time)
- English Language Learner Services
Fast Facts about North Kannapolis STEM Elementary:
- NKE sits in Rowan County
- Highest number of school choice requests out of all KCS elementary schools
- Full-time STEM teacher
- Rooted in community tradition as one of the longest standing schools in KCS
- Project Based Learning Fridays - ALL students participate in PBLs on Fridays from 8:30-10:30 and create, design, build, fail, succeed, and more!
June 6, 2022
June 7, 2022
June 8, 2022